What's scarier than Halloween ghosts and goblins? 👻
According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the MAX amount of added sugars you should eat in one day are 9 tsps for men, 6 teaspoons for women, and LESS 6 tsps a day for anyone under the ago of 18.
On Halloween, guess how much sugar the average child consumes??
About THREE CUPS of sugar, which is about 144 teaspoons of sugar!!
THAT IS 24 TIMES MORE THAN RECOMMENDED BY THE AHA 🚨
Not only will this knock the immune system out (watch how many people get sick these next few weeks...), but it also leads to a whole host of health issues. #KeepingItReal
Now of course Halloween is a holiday, but as a nutritionist I wanted to take this special time as an opportunity for a public service announcement. 😘
I love and care about you and want you to have OPTIMUM health.
This is the cheapest, easiest, fastest, and healthiest way to make chocolate.
No longer will you have to pay for low-grade chocolate from the store. Or only eat chocolate as a special treat on holidays.
Be empowered by the ease of this recipe and explore.
Keep in mind too that if you add healthy toppings like almonds and walnuts then you are making your chocolate last even longer while also giving it a protein boost.
So, I thought, why not do both?! Here is a picture story of my FIRST EVER adventure making:
A) Hemp Milk from scratch and
B) Ice Cream. Mmm.....and yes, this was my breakfast for the day.
1. Start with 3 cups of purified water and add 1/2 a cup of raw shelled hemp seeds, a dash of salt and a bit of honey. (Regular milk is naturally sweet n salty).
2. Blend for about 2.5 minutes on high.
3. Drain through a cheese cloth (ideal) or if you are like me and don't have one... you can get creative with a clean pillow case! Make sure you have a big enough bowl underneath that can hold at least 4 cups.
4. Then squeeze the last bit of milk through and you will see you are left with all the nutrient rich hemp seed fiber. Save this and add to cookies, oatmeal, smoothies, etc. Loads of good nutrients in here.
5. Tada!! Easy as one two three! You have hemp milk! This can last for about three days in the fridge because it is 100% Natural w...